Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious casserole dish for a busy night. I like to serve with a green salad.
Make and share this Kathy's Quick and Easy Tamale Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 16 ounces canned corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- Cook the ground beef with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large skillet. Drain.
- Add the 3 cans tomato sauce, 1 can drained corn, and the chili powder. Stir together and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with the tortillas, making sure the tortillas go up the sides.
- Pour the meat mixture into the pan.
- Top with the cheese and then the olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.