1/1 Photo of Kathy's Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
Kathy Casalaspro's Note:
Meaty Spagetti Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a frying pan add 2 tbs oil, add garlic, onion and green pepper.
- 2Saute vegetables until tender.
- 3Add ground beef and sausage to pan, cook until done.
- 4Pour off excess fat, and add meat mixture to large pot.
- 5Add tomato sauce and canned tomatoes to meat mixture in pot, keep adding sauce until it's as thick as you like.
- 6(I like more sauce and less meat, my husband likes's more meat and less sauce).
- 7Stir sauce until well mixed.
- 8Add oregano and bay leaf.
- 9Sprinkle oregano to cover entire top of sauce.
- 10I add a lot of oregano.
- 11Mix well, and heat to a boil stirring occasionally.
- 12Add as much oregano as you like.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Once it starts boiling turn the heat down to a simmer.
- 15Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 16In the meantime, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- 17Drain pasta.
- 18Pour sauce over pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kathy's Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1153.1
- Calories from Fat 746
- Total Fat 82.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 240.9 mg
- Sodium 3781.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 64.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: