Recipe by Violett1979
I Got this from the greatest bartender in the world (Kathy). Simple to make. Great for parties & BBQ's.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I made this for dinner but with a few changes. I only had a pound of roast beef but three pounds seemed like too much for this recipe anyway. I still used the three cans of gravy but only six slices of American cheese. I also cut the Worcestershire sauce to 1/2 tablespoon and didn't add the hot sauce. I then used 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. We really liked this with the changes made.
- 3 lbs roast beef (deli reg. sliced)
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese (white)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot on medium heat add 1 can of gravy.
- Add 1 lb roast beef.
- Then a layer of cheese.
- Then add 1 tablespoons Worcestershire, 1 tablespoons hot sauce, salt & pepper. Repeat gravy, beef, cheese, & spice until ingredients are gone.
- Turn up stove to medium-high. Stir every 5-7 minutes until cheese has melted and then lower heat.
- Serve on rolls or roll on the side.
- Optional (for more tender beef fry in butter before adding to pot).