Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with a platter of fresh fruit such as bananas, strawberries, orange or grapefruit sections, sliced peaches, watermelon balls, seedless grapes, and cantaloupe or honeydew wedges. Or try a dollop of it on Kathy's Fruit Salad. Both are from the recipe collection of Bird's sister Kathy.
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened (or cream cheese)
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt (or lemon or strawberry)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in the marmalade, lemon peel, and ginger.
- Stir in the yogurt and mix well.
- Place dip in a serving bowl, cover and chill 1 hour. Serve with a platter of fresh fruit.
- Another great way to serve this is to take some pears, slice them in half, hollow out the core, and fill with this dip (like deviled eggs) for a company worthy, elegant looking dessert.
You've got A GREAT DIP here, for sure! True, the flavor of the ginger didn't come through much, but I was intrigued with the citrus flavors! AND, although I used vanilla yogurt this time around, another time I'd like to try it with a lemon yogurt & stick with the cirtus flavor even more! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
This is a tasty fruit dip. I enjoyed the addition of orange marmalade. I couldn't really detect any ginger in it so maybe I will add more of that the next time. I used strawberry yogurt. Thanks for sharing!