Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are my favorite deviled eggs! The ketchup makes them different from other deviled eggs, my family devours them! All the ingredients are to taste, I never measure, but tried to approximate. Feel free to adjust to your tastes.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 -3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- paprika, garnish if desired
- Halve the hard cooked eggs and place the yolks together in a bowl, reserving the whites.
- Mash yolks, then add next 3 ingredients and blend. (I taste yolk mixture and adjust accordingly)
- Spoon into egg white halves, or place mixture in a plastic bag, snip off the corner, and pipe into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
I took your suggestion and taste-tested the yolk mixture, then added more mayo (we like our filling creamy) and seasoning salt. This went together so fast it's going on my "quick appetizers" list. Made for Fall 2009 Pick A Chef.