Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I've been making this carrot cake for over twenty years and it never fails to get raves when I serve it. Both my brothers-in-law won't let me come to a family gathering if I'm not bringing it.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots (don't skimp)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese (room temp.)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter (room temp.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl beat the eggs, oil and sugar.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon,salt and mix well.
- Add grated carrots and walnuts, mix well, pour into a 13x9x2 inch pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx.
- 50 minutes.
- Do not over bake.
- Cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: In small bowl: cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth, frost.
Looking for my Aunt Kathy's recipe... I think I found it!! The best of the best. I make with the pulp left from the carrots after I juice and it's so moist!
I had some carrots I needed to do something with and decided to make this cake. Me and my husband just LOVE it!! However, I used a store bought cream cheese icing to save time, but it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing it.
A great carrot cake, or at least that's what the people at work fighting over the last slice said! I don't normally make carrot cake but this one was nice as it was very moist. From the cook's point of view, I liked that it didn't have any 'extra' ingredients like pineapple so I could just use up what was in my cupboard.