Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
My sister Kathy makes the best corn on the cob- sweet and tender. This is her recipe.
- 6 ears corn, silks and husks removed
- cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Place corn into large dutch oven.
- Cover with unsalted cold water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and sugar to each gallon of water used.
- Heat to boiling uncovered, boil 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Let stand in water 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Add salt and butter.
So simple and good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Best of 2012 Tag.
I love corn on the cob, and this turned out very well. Made for Fall Pac 2012. Thank you!
This is an excellent corn on the cob recipe, sweet and tender just as advertised! Reviewed for Bargain Basement cooking tag game..