Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great recipe from my mother's kitchen. It is similar to a couple recipes out there, but measurements vary so I'm posting it.
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup flour, sifted
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Place apples in greased baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine dry ingredients, add melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and whipped topping!
- Also try with peaches.
made for pac 08, this is a very good basic recipe for a crisp. i used 4 granny smith apples which i sliced with my apple peeler/corer so it took no time at all to put together. make sure you use quick cooking oats to ensure that the topping is cooked through.
I made half the recipe in an 8" cake pan. YUM! I had dessert for 3 days straight. Loved it with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream! Thanks for sharing Queen! Made for Fall PAC 2011.
We had this at an office social, and I loved it! I could eat it for breakfast or any meal. She served this with half-n-half, but I loved it plain. DELICIOUS!