Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My sister, Kathy, has so far provided a soup, salad, main dish & side. So here's her dessert for our Asian meal courtesy of her "Complete Oriental Cooking" Cookbook.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup soft brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 inch, peeled & minced)
- 6 bananas (peeled & sliced in half lengthwise)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter & sugar till pale & soft.
- Beat in remainder of ingredients except the bananas.
- Put bananas in greased baking dish & spread butter mixture on top.
- Bake for 10-15 min till tops are bubbling. Serve at once.
A very sweet, unusual, and delicious dessert! I used ground ginger instead of fresh and in the future would recommend reducing the butter or setting more aside in the dish so that one could put more on if needed. I was skeptical at how they would turn out and if my family would like them but they all got eaten up. I think I will use some of the extra butter/sugar syrup on other fruit or maybe some popcorn. I'm sure that it would be delicious on most anything. Made for ZWT6
My husband and I just finished this yummy dessert and will be having it again and again. Thanks. (I added sliced almonds just before serving and it was so good.)
Delicious. DD (toddler) told me to make these again she seems to love ginger. We had it with recipe#103744.