Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are not you typical 'Jo Jo's'! These roasted potatoes are made with big wedges of Russet potatoes and given some Spanish pizazz with chili powder & coriander.
- Preheat oven to 475°F
- Cut each potato (washed and unpeeled) in half lengthwise and then cut each half into 3 long wedges, making 6 wedges per potato.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, chili powder, coriander, pepper and chives. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil and sour cream. Add potatoes to bowl and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle in the chili mixture and then toss again, coating potatoes evenly with spices. Place potatoes skin side down on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Great blend of spices coating the potatoes and we really enjoyed the flavor of the sour cream. Very unique recipe and one we will make again and again.
So glad I stumbled across this recipe. Never have tried tossing potatoes in sour cream then baking, so had to try it. So much flavor from the sour cream and the spice mix was spot on. Mine did need another 10 minutes to get good and soft on the inside, nice and crispy outside. Great recipe, thanks for posting!
Wow! how perfect are these spuds. My dh & I were in heaven. These oven fried potatoes had so much flavor. The olive oil and sour cream blend were the perfect canvas for all those great spice and herb, which all blended beautifully together, creating a lovely spicy treat. The spuds were crispy and crunchy on the outside and oh so tender on the inside. Best of all they were quick and really easy to make. Thanks for sharing another winner with us Anna. Into my keeper box this recipe goes. I will be including this recipe in my Favorites of 2011, cookbook.