Recipe by twissis
The 3rd dish from my sister, Kathy, & another of her favorites found when she lived in Taiwan. As with the 1st 2, her source is her "Wei-Chuan Cookbook" by Huang Su Huei.
Top Review by echo echo
I never had deep fried green beans before but they were fine. I did use raw shrimp in place of the dried, which they didn't have at my supermarket. The stir-fry sauce is very flavorful. I was a piglet and ate the whole dish myself in one sitting.
- 12 ounces fresh green beans (rinsed & drained well)
- 1 ounce ground pork
- 1⁄2 ounce dried shrimp (softened in warm water)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- 1 small green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut green beans into 2 1/2 inch sections & chop shrimp.
- Deep fry green beans at around 350 degrees for 10 min & drain well (they should be wrinkled).
- Stir fry pork, shrimp & garlic in 1 tbsp oil for 2 minutes.
- Then add beans & rest of ingredients except green onion & sesame oil.
- When heated, put beans in serving dish, sprinkle w/green onions & drizzle w/sesame oil.