Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious blueberry coffecake made with cream cheese, and topped with streusel. Moist and delicious. This was a coffee cake I made while my daughter was growing up. It is a Land "O" Lakes recipe. Made in a 13x9 inch baking pan, so there is enough to share with friends, or to put in lunches or just to enjoy for a few days. I always enjoy baking in larger quantities, just for these purposes. And although I have never tried freezing this particular recipe, many recipes freeze very well, so you always have something on hand when someone stops by. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (I used half whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all coffee cake ingredients except blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed(1 to 2 minutes.).
- In medium bowl toss together blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour; gently stir into batter.
- Spoon into greased or buttered 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In 1-quart saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter; stir in remaining streusel topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 40 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I made these just a written and everyone at work enjoyed them. They were very quick and easy to make.Thanks