Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of the best cookies I've ever tasted! It is very hard to eat only one!
Make and share this Kathrine's Chocolate Chip Special recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (regular or quick, blended until finely ground)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice with electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture, blending well. Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix well. Using 1/4 cup of dough for each cookie (I use an ice cream scoop), shape into round ball and place 2-1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. [The amount of cookies you get will depend on how large you make them.].
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned, 16-18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in sealed container to keep soft and chewy.