Recipe by KathyP53
I'd like to tell you this is my recipe, but it's actually from another Kathleen who enjoyed these very delicious and simple potatoes at a restaurant named Pascal's in Newport Beach, California. It's now a family favorite!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large russet potatoes (2 1/2 lb.)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place oven rack in upper third of oven and butter a 13 x 9" glass baking dish.
- Scatter garlic in bottom of baking dish.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/8" thick slices. Layer potatoes in dish, sprinkling each layer generously with salt and pepper. Pour cream over potatoes.
- Bake, gently tamping potatoes down occasionally, until tender and top is golden brown (cream will be slightly thickened), about 45 minutes.