Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from Barefoot Contessa at Home. it goes great on Chocolate Cupcakes. This is enough to frost 24 cupcakes.
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Put sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in mixer. Mix on medium low until creamy, scraping with spatula as you work.
- Add the cream and beat on high until the mixture is light and smooth.
I really liked this frosting not only was it nice light and creamy but it is much less sweet compared to other peanut butter frostings.
This is very creamy & light - great consistency. It's not too sweet either, which is what I find with a lot of frostings. I wish it had a bit more PB flavor. I used it to frost chocolate cupcakes, then I covered them with Reese's Pieces. :)