Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this at an Irish site on the web while searching Irish recipes for ZWT.
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing
- 4 cups raw potatoes, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 4 tablespoons flour (or more to suit)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- applesauce (optional garnish)
- Mix all ingredients except oil together to form batter.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Cook 6 - 8 minutes.
- Serve with applesauce if desired.
Thought I'd go really Irish this past weekend for St. Patrick's Day and made this to go along with corned beef. This is the first time that I've seen Caesar's dressing added to potato pancakes and it's a novel idea, but I'm not sure it added to the flavoring. I believe that maybe sauteing the onions to bring out their flavor prior to adding it to potato mixture may have enhanced the flavors. This one needs a bit of tweaking for a more successful outcome. Made it for PRMR tag game. Thank you Annacia for sharing.