Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine. The muffins are easy, delicious, and relatively healthy. I typically double the batch to make 24 muffins. Yum!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded zucchini (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl (through salt); stir with whisk.
- Combine zucchini, milk, oil, honey and egg in a small bowl; stir until blended.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture, stirring until just moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups that are coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes (start checking on them by 12 min).
- Remove from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Excellent! I didn't need to drain the zucchini, didn't make the topping, added more cinnamon & halved the sugar. These were moist & delicious (and freeze beautifully). Thanks for sharing!
DELICIOUS!!! I made a double batch this morning for breakfast and everyone really enjoyed them. I added dried cranberries (we love them) and doubled the cinnamon (we really like that too!) Will be making these again..... many times!
I used only 1/4 cup of sugar and decided to use only all purpose flour. These muffins have a great taste. But I may add more cinnamon next time. Thanks ramartin :) Made for cookbook tag game