Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine. The muffins are easy, delicious, and relatively healthy. I typically double the batch to make 24 muffins. Yum!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded zucchini (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl (through salt); stir with whisk.
- Combine zucchini, milk, oil, honey and egg in a small bowl; stir until blended.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture, stirring until just moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups that are coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes (start checking on them by 12 min).
- Remove from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
What a wonderful recipe, I really enjoyed these flavorful muffins. They were quick and easy to make with great results. The cinnamon sugar topping was lovely. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Whats? on the Menu Tag Game
Excellent! I didn't need to drain the zucchini, didn't make the topping, added more cinnamon & halved the sugar. These were moist & delicious (and freeze beautifully). Thanks for sharing!
DELICIOUS!!! I made a double batch this morning for breakfast and everyone really enjoyed them. I added dried cranberries (we love them) and doubled the cinnamon (we really like that too!) Will be making these again..... many times!