1/3 Photos of Kathie Lee Gifford's Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Orange Juice
1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe years ago in a magazine. It is delicious and one of my favorite ways to serve sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan cook the cubed sweet potatoes or yams in boiling water until very tender. Drain.
- 2Put the sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric beater until smooth.
- 3Add the eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, salt and cinnamon and beat until everything is well blended.
- 4Add 1/4 cup of the orange juice and beat again. If the mixture is not moist and fluffy, add up to 1/4 cup more orange juice.
- 5Lightly butter a souffle or casserole dish and add the beaten sweet potato mixture.
- 6Arrange the pecan halves on top.
- 7Sprinkle the 1/2 cup brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter on top.
- 8Bake 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kathie Lee Gifford's Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Orange Juice
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 491.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g