I found this recipe years ago in a magazine. It is delicious and one of my favorite ways to serve sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving.
- In a large saucepan cook the cubed sweet potatoes or yams in boiling water until very tender. Drain.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric beater until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, salt and cinnamon and beat until everything is well blended.
- Add 1/4 cup of the orange juice and beat again. If the mixture is not moist and fluffy, add up to 1/4 cup more orange juice.
- Lightly butter a souffle or casserole dish and add the beaten sweet potato mixture.
- Arrange the pecan halves on top.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter on top.
- Bake 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until hot.