Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
a favorite recipe of her kids, she made this on the show years ago - and it IS incredibly good!! i used to freeze portions for later...
- 3 whole chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 40 ounces frozen broccoli, packages cooked and well-drained
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 1⁄4 cups vegan mayonnaise or 2 1⁄4 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, to grease pan
- In a medium bowl, blend the soup, mayo, half and half, grated cheddar, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Place shredded chicken into a 13X9 glass pan that has been well-buttered.
- Place cooked and drained broccoli over the chicken.
- Pour soup mixture over the chicken and broccoli to cover.
- Sprinkle generously with the cornflake crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes.
- This is very filling and a little goes a long way.
I can't stand Kathy Lee Gifford!
The chicken was extremly moist and full of flavor
I had seen Kathie Lee make this on her show years ago, too! There's several close versions posted on Zaar, but this one dillutes the cream soup with half and half. I liked that it made it more saucey. We served over long grained rice. The kids enjoyed it, too. Roxygirl