Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my mom's barbecue sauce recipe. You can make larger batches and freeze it. It is not at all sweet, and is very good on charbroiled hamburgers, pork, chicken, etc.
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Mix in saucepan and cook at low temperature for about 10 minutes.
This recipe is excelent! Tastes great on everything I have barbequed. Is not oversweet like most sauces I have tried.