Katherine's Fried Chicken
- In a large bowl add flour, pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder. With hand mix ingredients.
- Place peanut oil in large skillet and heat at low heat. Flour chicken parts with mixture from bowl and place them in skillet. Brown chicken on each side. Cover skillet and place in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for one hour and a half.
- Be sure to turn chicken on each side in order for it to cook thoroughly.
- Five minutes before removing chicken from oven, add two tablespoons of water to skillet and cover; continue cooking chicken for the remaining five minutes.
- Comments: Serve with Collard Greens, Potato Salad, macaroni and cheese, hot rolls and ice tea.