Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Oxtail is one of those cuts that doesn't seem to be popular any more. However this stew from Katherine in the Northern Territory is still popular. Times are guestimates.
- Trim the excess fat off the oxtail.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, fry the oxtails until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pot.
- Place diced ginger, onion and garlic in pot with meat juices and cook until onions are brown and soft.
- Throw in dollops of tomato paste and mix well.
- Return oxtails to the pot and add 1/2 cup of beef stock and keep mixing over heat.
- Add all the chopped up vegetables to the meat mixture.
- Add remaining stock and cook until vegetables are cooked.
- For a more tender meat, stew for a longer period.
- You may have to add a cup or two of beef stock or water to prevent drying out.