Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another of my celebrity recipes. When I make this, I leave out the nuts.
Make and share this Katharine Hepburn's Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees; butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Next, stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt and nuts and stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
I also have this brownie recipe. I love these brownies because they are chewy and have a nice chocolate flavor without being too sweet. I've made these a few times - they are really easy to make and require only a few ingredients!
There were a few problems with this recipe, although they did taste OK. The #1 problem was that the batter wasn't even close to filling up my small brownie pan. I couldn't even spread it out paper thin, so I had to make an emergency 2nd batter, for which I had to send my husband to the store for more butter. When they were cooled, they cut nice but I thought they were a little too "wet" which I thought would happen because of the amount of flour. I think they needed more flour and some cocoa powder too. They needed more chocolate in general.... you could barely taste the chocolate flavor at all. While they did taste OK, it was more like a very sweet butter dessert than a chocolate dessert. The butter flavor was pretty major and definitely the dominant flavor in this dessert.
These were very good brownies. They were dense, moist and chocolaty. I was a little unsure about only using 1/4 cup of flour and did add another 1/4 cup for a total of 1/2 cup. This only made the brownies a bit more cake-like (a bonus, in my opinion). I did include the nuts, as I like the texture and flavor that they add to brownies. Very easy recipe for ingredients I always keep on hand!