Recipe by Tryntje
Have had this recipe for years. A great stand by when the fridge is empty, but the pantry is full. A full and satisfying meal for those hungry mouths in minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (425 g) can tuna
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 grated, lemon, juice and rind of
- 1 (420 g) can baked beans or 1 (420 g) can kidney beans
- 1 (420 g) can sweetcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter add onion and garlic and cook till soft.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add tomatoes, lemon rind and juice, herbs, salt and pepper, wine, and tomato paste.
- Stir well for 2-3 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Add beans, corn, tuna, and parsley.
- Stir and heat through.
- Garnish with parmesan if desired.
- Serve with pasta or rice.