1/1 Photo of Kate's Peanut Butter White Bean Bars Sweetened With Honey
Garden Gate Kate's Note:
Honey is the only sweetener used in these (high-protein, flour-free) white bean bars. This is a rich peanut buttery bar which does not taste at all like white beans. Great for peanut butter lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked great northern beans, drained and rinsed (canned is fine)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- coarse kosher salt, for sprinkling on top (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Generously grease 7" by 7" baking pan.
- 2In food processor, place 1 1/2 cups great northern beans, 1 cup peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, baking soda, and vanilla and puree until completely smooth.
- 3Taste and add additional honey, one tablespoon at a time, pureeing and taste testing after each addition, as desired. Taste testing is necessary because both peanut butter and honey vary in sweetness. (I use only 2 tablespoons of honey because I prefer my bars to strongly taste of peanut butter.) Mixture should taste like rich peanut butter and not taste like great northern beans, honey, or overly sweet. Allow food processor to blend for 3 to 5 minutes without stop to emulsify.
- 4Pour batter into deep bowl. Add eggs and combine with electric mixer. Add chocolate chips and combine with mixer.
- 5Pour batter into greased baking pan. Evenly sprinkle kosher salt over top of batter. Bake until slightly firm on top and edges pull away from the sides of the pan for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6Allow to cool slightly and cut into 8 pieces. Eat while warm. Store in refrigerator or freeze. Peanut Butter Bars are still delicious when they are eaten slightly cold.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kate's Peanut Butter White Bean Bars Sweetened With Honey
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.7
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 258.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g