2 hrs 30 mins
This is a delectable dessert with a hint of maple to satisfy your sweet tooth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat heavy cream, whole milk and granulated sugar over double boiler until sugar is dissolved (110F). DO NOT WHIP. Stir only.
- 2Place in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add 1/3 of cream mixture to egg yolks, stirring to temper egg yolks.
- 3Add remaining cream mixture. Stir to blend well.
- 4Add maple extract to previous mixture.
- 5Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer.
- 6Pour mixture into serving dishes that have been place into two cake pans. Add enough water in the bottom of each cake pan to fill 1/4 the way up the serving dishes.
- 7Bake in a low oven -- 275 degrees -- for approximately 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The desserts should be "set" firm but not hard, with a little wiggle when you shake it gently.
- 8Sprinkle cooled custards with sugar and melt with a torch.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kate's Maple Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.3
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 437.7 mg
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 44.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g