Prep 6 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is "my" whipped cream, which I need to store exactly this way for future reference. It is based on Kittencal's Wilton Stabilized Whipped Cream, but adding 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla. Per Kittencal, for 2 cups whipping cream, use 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin in 2 tablesppons cold water. Store covered in refrigerator for several days, if it doesn't disappear first. You can use this to frost a cake (but leftovers would need to be refrigerated). A standard serving of any condiment is 2 tablespoons. To maximize the volume, make sure the whipping bowl, beaters, and cream are well chilled before beginning.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1⁄4 cup sifted icing sugar or 1⁄4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool (but do not allow it to set).
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla, until slightly thick.
- While slowly beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream.
- Whip at high speed until stiff.