Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 5 mins
Slowly roasting the garlic in olive oil caramelizes its natural sugars developing a sweet nutty flavor, and the chicken wings are fall of the bone tender and moist. The large amount of garlic used is surprisingly not pungent because the garlic oils mellow into a sticky and buttery consistency.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, tips trimmed (about 20 wings)
- 1 (6 ounce) containerpeeled whole garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Cut chicken wings in half at joint. Finely chop half a container of garlic (measures to be about 3/4 cup of whole garlic cloves). Refrigerate remaining garlic for another recipe. Place chicken wings in baking pan in single layer; they can touch. Rub wings all over with olive oil. Rub wings all over with minced garlic. Sprinkle top with salt and pepper to taste. Pour water in four corners of baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425F degrees for 45 minutes. Then, bake at 350F degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes or until browned.
- The garlic infused oil left in the baking pan is yummy over rice or sopped up with crusty bread. Hint: find the 6 oz container of peeled whole garlic cloves in the produce section of the grocery store by the refrigerated pre-cut vegetables, salsas, and salad dressings.