Recipe by Donna Matthews
This recipe came from my niece who is called by the family "Kate the Baker." They were fabulous warm out of the oven as well as cooled that evening. Can't comment on the next day because they were all gone!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 pan (I prefer glass).
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with mixer.
- Add vanilla and eggs, beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in dry ingredients.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Spread evenly in greased baking pan.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden (do not over bake if you like them chewy).
- Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.