Donna Matthews's Note:
This recipe came from my niece who is called by the family "Kate the Baker." They were fabulous warm out of the oven as well as cooled that evening. Can't comment on the next day because they were all gone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 9x13 pan (I prefer glass).
- 3Combine flour, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- 4Beat butter and brown sugar with mixer.
- 5Add vanilla and eggs, beating until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in dry ingredients.
- 7With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- 8Spread evenly in greased baking pan.
- 9Top with remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 10Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden (do not over bake if you like them chewy).
- 11Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kate's Blondies With Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.4
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 436.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g