Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
She was a Charlie's Angel. This is from Another Taste of Palm Springs. Posted for those who like celebrity recipes. It is from her 5'2" Mom from Birmingham, Alabama. Y'all enjoy it! Note: You have to soak the chicken for 2 hours first.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups safflower oil
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Soak chicken parts for 2 hours in water.
- Put the oil in a large heavy skillet. Place the butter in the middle, and slowly heat the oil/butter combination until the butter is completely melted and the oil is hot.
- In a brown paper bag, combine 1 cup flour salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken parts, one at a time, in the paper sack and shake until covered.
- Put the covered chicken parts in the heated oil/butter. Quickly and completely brown the chicken on one side (when browning the breasts, brown on the flat bone side). Turn chicken, reduce heat and fry for approximately 20 minutes, or until the larger pieces are done. If necessary, turn the heat up a little so it is real brown and crisp, real juicy and REAL Southern Fried Chicken, straight from Birmingham, Alabama,.