Recipe by cellogirl2
I haven't tried these yet, but my friend Katalin is an amazing cook, so I'm assuming these are going to be delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus additional sugar for topping
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until blended. Add sugar, oil, vanilla extrct and lemon zest and mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into egg mixture until blended.
- Chill, covered, for 30 minutes or longer.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Mist the bottom of a 3-inch flat-bottom glass with water and dip glass in additional sugar.
- Press the top of each cookie lightly with the glass to flatten, misting glass with water and dipping in sugar before pressing each cookie.
- Bake cookies until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.