- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for tin
- 4 ounces shredded phyllo dough, thawed (known as kataifi)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush 12 muffin cups with butter or use silicone muffin pans.
- Pull the kataifi into 1-inch-thick bundles; cut bundles into 2-inch lengths. Place in a bowl; separate into a loose pile with fingers. Toss with butter, sugar, and cinnamon, if using.
- Divide among 12 muffin cups; press into bottom and up the sides.
- Cook until golden and crisp around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Fill with jelly beans, speckled eggs or other candy eggs.