1 hr 15 mins
A flavorful roast pork loin recipe cooked German fashion posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time depends on the size of the roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Place meat in medium size roasting pan with drip tray and insert a meat thermometer.
- 3Add 1/2 inch of water to bottom of pan.
- 4Insert cloves every square inch of the meat.
- 5Sprinkle top of meat with brown sugar.
- 6Roast covered, in oven for 20 minutes per pound or until inserted thermometer reaches 165F.
- 7Uncover meat the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- 8When meat is done, remove from pan and set aside in a warm place.
- 9Remove drip tray.
- 10Combine butter with flour; mix until smooth.
- 11Gradually add to drippings and cook stirring regularly, over medium heat until thickened (about three minutes).
- 12Gravy should be medium to thin consistency.
- 13Slice and serve meat with gravy and potato dumplings.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kassler Rippchen (Smoked Pork Loin, German Style)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.2
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 176.7 mg
- Sodium 211.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: