Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A flavorful roast pork loin recipe cooked German fashion posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time depends on the size of the roast.
- 3 -4 lbs smoked and cured pork loin
- 20 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place meat in medium size roasting pan with drip tray and insert a meat thermometer.
- Add 1/2 inch of water to bottom of pan.
- Insert cloves every square inch of the meat.
- Sprinkle top of meat with brown sugar.
- Roast covered, in oven for 20 minutes per pound or until inserted thermometer reaches 165F.
- Uncover meat the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- When meat is done, remove from pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Remove drip tray.
- Combine butter with flour; mix until smooth.
- Gradually add to drippings and cook stirring regularly, over medium heat until thickened (about three minutes).
- Gravy should be medium to thin consistency.
- Slice and serve meat with gravy and potato dumplings.
Duoh! I missed the first ingredient - the smoked pork loin. Smoking and brining are the two most important parts, and several german loin recipies include cloves, brown sugar, etc. My butcher usually gives it to me with center cut, bone in loin chops...
Ok. I have to try it this way. MY bad with apologies....