Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lebanese pastry filling
- 1 liter half and half table cream
- 5 slices white bread, with crust cut off
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- Pour table cream into large pot on stove top.
- Use blender to chop bread into fine tiny crumbs.
- Sprinkle bread into cream and bring to slow boil at medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Mix corn starch and milk, then add to boiling cream while stirring constantly.
- The cream will thicken and you may add the orange blossom water and rose water.
- Remove from heat and let cool uncovered.
- This filling is used in many Arabic desserts.