Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This is my favourite chutney when I have Indian food. It is really yummy and is served at every wedding in Kashmir. I like it spicy but feel free to adjust the chillies according to your taste. Preparation time includes time to hang curd.
- 50 g walnuts, washed and coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, deseeded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black cumin seeds (shahi zeera)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon green coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 cup yoghurt, hung in a muslin cloth for 2 hours to thicken
- Mince the onion and green chillies together and mix with all the other ingredients.
- Allow the flavours to mingle for at least an hour before serving.