Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a tangy, rose flavoured rice dish which can be eaten without any accompaniments! It sounds very romantic to me and I plan to make it a part of my mom's and dad's 25th wedding anniversary this year on 24th October'2002.
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and soaked for 20 minutes and then drained
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup canned chopped mixed fruit (drained)
- 2 -3 edible fresh rose petals, finely broken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, cream, sugar and salt.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms and cloves.
- Allow to splutter.
- Add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk-cream mixture.
- Add 1/2 a cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, partially cover and simmer till rice is cooked.
- Mix in the drained fruit very gently.
- Garnish by sprinkling finely broken rose petals.
- Pick up a spoon and indulge!