Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dark green in colour, this dish can make you more hungry once you start eating it and believe me, you won''t feel like ever ending your meal!
- 50 g fenugreek leaves
- 50 g spinach leaves
- 350 g cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- ghee or oil, as needed
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Clean, wash and chop spinach and fenugreek leaves.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Cut the cottage cheese into fingers like finger chips.
- Heat 4 tbsps oil.
- Add safoetida, cumin and cloves.
- Then add the spinach-fenugreek paste.
- Fry over medium heat.
- Stir continuously till cooked.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, salt,ginger, ground corriander and water.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- As the gravy begins to thicken, add the fried paneer pieces.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle corriander and serve hot.