Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove
- 1 cardamom
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon
- 4 -5 saffron strands
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kashmiri tea leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon green tea leaves
- place water and sugar in a pot and put it on the flame.
- crush the clove, cardamom and cinnamon using a mortar and pestle (not in a mixie - we dont need dust) and add to the water.
- let it boil and simmer till the water gets slightly tinted with the spices.
- add the tea leaves and turn off the flame.
- cover and leave for 3 minutes I(longer, if you prefer strong tea).
- strain, add saffron and serve piping hot.
- you can add crushed almonds to it and boil it again.
- the original recipe contains a lot of dry fruits too - this is a simpler version and easier to make.