Recipe by Blue Sparrow
This recipe is delicious and yet very simle to make. Takes 30 min incl. preparation & cooking time
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
Delicious and a welcome change from traditional Desi gobi recipes. I omitted the cream to make the dish lighter and added about 1/2 cup extra yougurt to compensate. 1/8 tsp. white chili powder was added in place of chilies, and the onions and ginger were ground into a paste. Thanks for posting blue sparrow--this was awesome! :)
- 1 head cauliflower (medium size)
- 1 onion (sliced or chopped)
- 1 cup almonds (blanched)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 inch piece gingerroot (grated)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup half cream
- 1 -2 dried whole red chile (deseeded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cauliflower in warm water and divide into florets. Keep aside on a kitchen paper to dry.
- Make a paste of the blanched almonds in a blender. Then beat the mixture of almond paste and plain yoghurt together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Toss the cauliflower florets for a few minutes and keep aside.
- Add the 2 red chillies until it sputters. Then add the sliced onions and sauté until glassy.
- Add the yoghurt and almond paste mixture to the sauteed onions and let it cook on medium heat till oil separates.
- Now add the cauliflowers, grated ginger, garam masala powder and salt. Cover and cook on medium heat.
- When almost done, add the half cream and stir for a couple of minutes. Cover and simmer on medium or low heat for a further 4-5 min or until cooked.
- When done garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with either steamed rice or butter naan (indian bread).