Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great tasting chicken curry with a sweat cinnamon taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chili powder
- 2⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 300 g skinless chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a deep, lidded skillet.
- Add the onions, peppercorns, cardamoms, and cinnamon and cook until the onions are golden.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and salt (to taste) and cook for 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until browned.
- Gradually add the yogurt, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook gently for about 30 minutes.