Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Best served hot with yoghurt (plain or seasoned) or a spicy Indian pickle.
Make and share this Kashmiri Aloo Paratha (Potato-Stuffed Indian Flat Bread) recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g plain flour
- 50 ml ghee, melted
- 1 egg
- 10 g baking powder
- 100 ml milk
- salt, to taste
For the stuffing
- 250 g potatoes, boiled and grated
- 100 g brown onions, chopped
- 20 g coriander seeds, crushed
- 50 g pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 50 g mixed dried fruit, chopped (optional)
- 25 g coriander leaves, chopped
- Knead together flour, ghee, egg, baking powder, water, milk and salt.
- Divide the dough into equal sized round balls.
- Roll out each ball into discs with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. (Cover with a slightly damp cloth to prevent them from drying out while you roll out all of them.).
- Mix together the ingredients for the stuffing and divide it into the same number of portions as discs.
- Spoon into the middle of each disc.
- Bring the edges together and seal.
- Gently shape it back into a ball.
- Roll out each ball into a disc 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat a griddle and fry each disc, turning them over every two minutes till both sides turn golden brown.
- Drizzle a little ghee or oil all over.
- Serve hot.