Galley Devil's Note:
Best served hot with yoghurt (plain or seasoned) or a spicy Indian pickle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the stuffing
- 1Knead together flour, ghee, egg, baking powder, water, milk and salt.
- 2Divide the dough into equal sized round balls.
- 3Roll out each ball into discs with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. (Cover with a slightly damp cloth to prevent them from drying out while you roll out all of them.).
- 4Mix together the ingredients for the stuffing and divide it into the same number of portions as discs.
- 5Spoon into the middle of each disc.
- 6Bring the edges together and seal.
- 7Gently shape it back into a ball.
- 8Roll out each ball into a disc 1/2 inch thick.
- 9Heat a griddle and fry each disc, turning them over every two minutes till both sides turn golden brown.
- 10Drizzle a little ghee or oil all over.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kashmiri Aloo Paratha (Potato-Stuffed Indian Flat Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (1322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g