Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A fragrant, not hot, curry. For a bit of kick add ground or fresh chopped chillies to taste.
Make and share this Kashmir Lamb With Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 750 g diced boneless lamb
- 2 large chopped onions
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 5 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 bunches of washed and chopped english spinach
- Heat the oil in a pan and over medium heat brown the lamb in batches.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add the spices (not bay leaves) and cook, stirring, for 1- 2 minutes until spices are fragrant.
- Return the lamb and any juices to the pan.
- Add the stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat, stir well, cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add the cream, stir, cover and cook a further 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach has softened.
Excellent. I used beef broth, but other than that followed the recipe exactly. The dish was fragrant and very tasty. I was a little hesitant to use cream in a curry, but I think it really made the dish. Thank you.