Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
A (slightly!) healthier version of the ol' Rice Krispy Marshmallow Treats....
- 44.37 ml butter
- 709.77 ml marshmallows
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract or 4.92 ml almond extract
- 709.77 ml puffed wheat cereal (e.g. unsweetened Puffed Kashi)
- 236.59 ml cashew pieces
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted,, approximately 4 minutes. Stir in extract.
- Add puffed wheat cereal and cashews and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Using oiled spatula, press evenly into oiled 10x8x2" pan.
- When cool, cut into 2-inch squares.
These are great! Easier and faster to make than to go out and buy Rice Krispy Treats. I used the Kashi as you mentioned, and put in the vanilla extract a little after the marshmallows started melting. Thanks for this recipe!