Recipe by chia
both of my grandmothers made this often, my family loves this side dish
Top Review by Miraklegirl
This is almost identical to the kasha recipe that I have posted! I have been making it for years and it is always a hit. We prefer the fine grained kasha, but it doesn't reflect any real difference in teh flavour.Thanks Chia.
- 1 cup dried kasha, coarse grain
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 package bow tie pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- in small bowl mix kasha with beaten egg, set aside.
- in skillet brown onions in oil.
- add kasha and cook, separating grains until slightly toasted.
- add broth, salt& pepper, bring to boil, cover and simmer until broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- mix in cooked bowties, season with additional salt& pepper.