This is a recipe I've been making forever! Its VERY simple and healthy and it's good hot or cold! Don't be tempted to skip the step with the egg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water, 2 tbs margarine, salt & pepper, onion, & veggies. Keep at a boil on med. high.
- 2Beat egg in a bowl.
- 3Add buckwheat to the egg and stir to coat evenly. (This step is absolutely necessary if you don't want buckwheat groats the consistency of oatmeal!).
- 4In a large skilet, add egg-coated buckwheat and cook on high for 3 min., stirring constantly, until egg is dried and buckwheat groats are separated.
- 5Reduce heat to low and quickly stir in the boiling liquid and veggies.
- 6Cover tightly and simmer for 5 minute.
- 7Stir in the remaining 2 tbs margarine and any additional spices you may want to add (I've used some garlic powder or Cajun spices, depending on my mood!).
- 8Eat now, or put in fridge to chill.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kasha Salad (Good Hot or Cold!)
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 448.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g