A heritage recipe found online from The Inn on the Common Country Inn in Craftsbury Common, Vermont. A wonderful way to start your morning - creamy, fruity, and healthy, and an especially warm treat on a cold morning. The dried cranberries particularly lend a distinctive zing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups dried kasha (buckwheat groats)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1In large saucepan, combine milk, buckwheat groats, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and kosher salt.
- 2Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add butter and fruit.
- 4Gradually blend in the beaten eggs taking care not to'cook' eggs.
- 5Ladle into greased individual baking dishes or custard cups.
- 6Place in a water bath (can use deep baking pan filled with 2-3" hot water).
- 7Bake at 325F for 30-40 minutes until set or when a knife inserted near the edge of the cup comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kasha Breakfast Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 146.6 mg
- Sodium 242.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: