2 hrs 15 mins
"For an hour touch me not, for I will fall if handled hot." A delicious traditional cheesecake recipe from the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Zwieback toast, crumbs crushed very finely
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (no substitutions)
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 lbs ricotta cheese or 1 1/2 lbs cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup nutmeats, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix zwieback with 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- 3Set aside 3/4 cups of this mixture to sprinkle over the top; press remainder into a 9" springform pan, lining bottom and sides.
- 4Beat eggs with remaining one cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Add salt, lemon juice, rind, cream or evaporated milk, cheese and flour; beat thoroughly and strain through a sieve.
- 6Pour into prepared springform pan, sprinkle with remaining crumbs and chopped nuts.
- 7Bake for about one hour or until center is set.
- 8Turn off the heat, open oven door and let stand in oven for one hour or until cooled.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kasekuchen - German Style Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 157.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: