Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A co-worker gave me this recipe. It is wheat, gluten, egg and lactose free for those out there with allergies.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup quinoa
- 4 ounces chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons light peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in crockpot and stir.
- Cook on medium for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Optional - put 1 red pepper chopped in for the last hour.
unusal blend of flavors, very tasty. Used 2/3 cup canned chick peas, as it doesn't specify canned or dry. Also used 3 whole boneless breasts, or 6 pieces, which also was not specified. But even my son who is suspicious of quinoa came back for seconds.
I doubled the quinoa, oj, water, salsa, and soy (low sodium) and cut the chicken into cubes...I'd say cook more for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through but it seems like 8 hours would have made this too mushy. Very unusual combination but so good.